Thursday 28 October 2010

Cool Quotes

By me: 

 

I give eloquent rants. I'm smoothly disjointed. I'm tantalisingly tame. Studiously wild. I'm compulsively erratic. I don't need a cure. I love my contraditions. Celebrate the unknown.

 

Heterosexual-only marriage is institutional discrimination. It creates the belief that homosexuality is not as 'valid' as heterosexuality

 

By my friends: 

 

Ash Perkins says, via Status Shuffle: If you're happy and you know it, share your meds

 

Árni Sigurdsson: We have murders in books outnumbering murders in reality [in Iceland], probably by a ratio of something like 100:1

 

Martin Goldstein: Sometimes I see how idiotic I am. Good times!

 

By people I've never met: 

 

"The problem, if you love it, is as beautiful as the sunset." - Krishnamurti 

 

Martha Graham: There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening that
is translated through you into action, and there is only one of you in
all time, this expression is unique, and if you block it, it will never
exist through any other medium; and be lost. The world will not have it.
It is not your business to determine... how good it is, not how it
compares with other expression.
It is your business to keep it yours
clearly & directly, to keep the channel open. You do not even have to
believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open & aware
directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No
artist is pleased.There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There
is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, a blessed unrest that keeps us
marching & makes us more alive than the others.

 

No revolution- sometimes it depresses me/ the institution, curses curiosity/.. A Revolution/ Is The Solution!- Sex is Not the Enemy, Garbage

 

Rob Thomas: 'I wish the real world / would just stop hassling me'

No comments:

Post a Comment