Monday 20 December 2010

Multiple Directions

So time has come for me to make an important decision about where I'm going to go next, and, indeed, how I will spend my entire year...

Option A) Go to Sydney, Australia

This may seem an unlikely option given my insatiable need for travel, but I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to travel much longer than a month. I find myself longing for privacy when I use a computer, most of all... since I don't travel with a laptop, all my writing must be done in a public space, where I am exposed to any variety of stimuli, most unwanted and often completely unpredictable. I find that I get good ideas when I'm reflecting in my room, and can't quite get them down when I enter the internet cafe. Since my writing is very important to me, this creates a difficult dynamic.

B) Go to Taipei, then Tainan, Taiwan

I just sent an email to a CouchSurfing/Facebook friend to ask her if I can stay with her at this time... we'll see how she responds. Living in a private home will allow me to use a computer with less potential distractions, though there will of course be time limitations. I have a deep interest in Taiwan, so this option is very appealing to me. The only problem is that I won't be able to stay in Taipei very long due to the weather (it's windy and rainy in Taiwan's north during winter, and I am so good at catching cold).

C) Go to Hanoi, Vietnam, then Halong Bay, Hue and Hoi An before going back up to Hanoi
D) Go to Bali, Indonesia - I've never been there before, and it would be a nice complement to my travels in Malaysia, letting me in on what makes (parts of) southernmost SEA tick.
E) Go to Simgapore
F) Go to Macau
G) Think of some other ingenious solution, like catch an AirAsia flight to London then Ryan Air to southern Spain, where I will find a friend to stay with via CS.

No comments:

Post a Comment