Sunday 24 December 2017

The Best of 2017 (w/ Photos)

In Rome, I learned that Italians traditionally eat sweet things only for breakfast. 


In Palermo, I feasted on cassata and cannoli. 


In Barcelona, I witnessed a mini concert by a locally famous pianist in a marvellously adorned musical centre. 




In Valencia, I felt like I was part of a photo shoot amongst futuristic architecture by Calatrava. 



In Murcia, I had my first relaxed and pleasurable conversation in Spanish.
In Granada, I found myself in a vision of peace, beauty and harmony, in the Alhambra. 




In Orgiva, I spoke with a Spaniard who had been living in Myanmar for twenty years and reminded me to tune into the breath. 

In Malaga, I rejoiced in the big city vibe and got winked at by a cute guy selling ice cream. 

In Seville, I sustained a long conversation in Spanish with a friendly taxi driver. 



(In Zurich's airport, I listened to a singing pianist perform classics such as 'Georgia on My Mind.')
(In Singapore's airport, I enjoyed a green tea macaron.)

Where will I go in 2018? That remains to be seen. 

(Some possibilities:

- A return to the Nordic countries, especially Sweden

- Visiting Edinburgh and Dublin for the first time

- Travelling around France's outer rim: Bordeaux, Lille, Strasbourg)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Epiphanie, that really is a wonderful word/photo/travel essay. Beautiful images. Thank you for sharing that. You just made my morning warm and bright. May your travels always inspire you like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting, thanks! And the pictures are amazing! I especially liked the jellyfish (although I prefer swimming in water that has as few of them as possible) and the Valencia futuristic architecture, but they're all great!

    ReplyDelete