Thursday 11 January 2018

Changes (Poem)

It's a far cry
From the intended aims
It seems I need to
Learn how to deal with
A world rapidly
Spiralling out of control
Accept my complicity
And dedicate my resistance

There's nothing good about this
But there may be suitable alternatives
Swayed by the onslaught of neurotoxins
I ponder my escape

I still believe
The world is a shambles
A dangerous shambles
Pulling itself apart

If you notice my audacity
I'll be around to celebrate yours
I'm in the process of
Retrieving my instincts

World colliding with itself
It needs no foreign enemy
All the potent tools for self-destruction
Are simmering to a boil within

And since there is no god
Only waking up will save us
But the tipping point has not been reached
The code of greed laced with ignorance
Cannot be breached
And I can see how
It would get too late
I can see how
We can't reach the gate
And still it's necessary to detach
My survival hinges on recurring calm
We've many days to go until
It's impossible to deny the harm
But the time is now
For anyone with power
Find the courage to protest
While I endeavour to inspire

No comments:

Post a Comment