Monday 22 January 2018

Milestones

I'm happy to announce that I'm almost at the end of my DuoLingo Spanish course!

It's been an on again, off again journey of two and a half years, and it looks like I will only need about a month or so to complete the entire tree! Congratulations are in order...

Soon I will need to make some decisions about where to take my language learning in the future. I know that I want to maintain my knowledge and build on it in both active and passive ways. (Active might be taking on a mew systematic learning journey, while passive might mean reading El PaĆ­s or listening to music and looking up anything I don't know.)

I also know that I've been bitten by the language learning bug, and want to add a new one to my repertoire.

But which? -- Danish? French? German? Dutch? Swedish? Norwegian? Catalan?

From a practical point of view, French or German is probably the best. In fact, I've been thinking of taking up French again with pleasure. For some reason I think of it as a difficult language. I'm not sure why. Perhaps I need a tutor to help me weave an intuitive journey through things already processed on a more cerebral level.

You know what? I've decided to take up French next. I'm capable, and it will be a delightful achievement.

Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment