Saturday 3 February 2024

Brainstorming: Future European Travels

This post might be described as a little 'self-indulgent', but I do find that writing like this helps me organise my thoughts. I hope something in my travel plans catches your interest, and, if not, there's always the next post. :)


This year I have plans to travel to the following places in Germany:

1. Frankfurt (2 nights)

2. Heidelberg (6 nights)

3. Rothenburg ob der Tauber (6 nights)

4. Bamberg (4 nights)

5. Dresden (6 nights)

6. Köln (6 nights)


I also have plans to travel to these places in Portugal:

7. Porto [+ one other Portuguese place] (7 nights)

8. Óbidos (5 nights)

9. Lisbon (2 nights)


In 2025 and 2026 I have in mind to travel to the following:


- France/Switzerland/Germany -

1. Strasbourg (6 nights)

2. Colmar (6 nights)

3. [A charming Alsatian village, or Nancy] (4 nights)

4. Basel (4 nights)

5. Freiburg (6 nights)

6. Baden-Baden (4 nights)


- Austria/Germany/Italy

1. Bolzano (6 nights)

2. Innsbruck (5 nights)

3. Hallstatt (4 nights)

4. Salzburg (6 nights)

5. Kitzbuhel (4 nights)

6. Mittenwald (4 nights)

7. Füssen / Neuschwanstein (4 nights)

[8. maybe: Dinkelsbühl (4 nights)]


Some other places I am eager to see:

1. Ghent. Bruges. Lille. 

2. Salamanca. Segovia. Toledo. 

3. Bordeaux. San Sebastian. 

4. Krakow. Olomouc. Český Krumlov. 

5. London. (- Extended stay.)

6. Paris. (- Extended stay.)

7. Bergen. Tromsø.  

8. Aarhus. Gothenburg. Umeå. 

9. Crete. Mykonos. Naxos. 

10. Thessaloniki. Meteora. 


... thinking about Second Cities, I have listed the ones I've visited - in order of highest preference (completely subjective):

1. Turku

2. Barcelona

3. Hamburg

4. Geneva

5. Milan

6. Marseille


... thinking about the Second Cities I would like to visit in the future, they're listed in order of highest preference:

1. Porto

2. Salzburg

3. Bergen

4. Gothenburg

5. Aarhus


No comments:

Post a Comment