Monday 2 April 2018

Searching for something, hard to define

Every day I emote with people
Who would will my destruction
If I were just a little weaker

Who do I dare become
In this stultifying emotional landscape?
Hard to gather
Pieces

It's an uneasy truce
Resentment bubbling
Under the surface
Need to push back
At all costs

*

I shy away from controversy
More than you know
Where once I revelled in its transmission
I've built up some resistance

Envisaging a smooth ride
Perhaps unrealistic, for this life
All I know is I
Can't fight them all the time

*

Every fearful eyeful
Take it step by step
Verve long hidden
Resilience long denied
Independence, to my chagrin
All the backbone I can find

All the people
I have been
Their ghosts now
Swirl around me
And in the shadow
Of the quake
There's little left
But to alter

No comments:

Post a Comment