Tuesday 27 February 2024

'To share or not to share(, that is the question)'

Yesterday I attended an interview with Elizabeth Day at the Sydney Opera House, which gave me lots of food for thought on the subject of sharing. As a blogger, I've shared many private worlds with my audience. In most instances, I don't know how they will be received - each person reading my posts will have a different interpretation of them, due to their personal history, what is happening in their life that particular day, their social and economic status, and any number of other factors I could care to articulate. I share anyway. 

My writing is a balance between externalising parts of my interiority and landing safely in the public sphere. Some of my innermost thoughts, which might be deeply interesting for readers, will forever be hidden from view. I notice that I have the tendency to represent my mood as more buoyant than I regularly experience it as being. It's a defence system. 

I thank you for reading my blog, and encourage you to share your thoughts with me... this way, I will be more aware of what my readers are engaging with, be able to create more of the material that appeals to you, and excise the rest. I believe I've made it easier to comment than ever before, so feel free to say Hello - I'm always open to kind thoughts by deep thinkers. 




2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm glad that you share as much as you do. I wonder if it's possible that your mood is actually more buoyant than you think it is? I believe that we, as humans, are actually generally fairly poor at understanding what we're thinking and feeling, despite all the time many of us pour into thinking about ourselves. What comes out in your writing style may actually be able to tell you something about yourself that you couldn't tell through mere introspection, perhaps?
    J.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jon, I thought on this question for a while and realised that through my writing I am able to carve out a space where my emotional buoyancy is nurtured and reinforced. This gives me more encouragement for the future. Thank you very much for your insight and kindness. :) - Epiphanie

    ReplyDelete