Thursday 3 March 2011

One day...

One day I will be based in a number of cities/towns such as

Barcelona
Chiang Mai
Paris
Reykjavik*
San Francisco
Stockholm
Taipei*
and
Tokyo

(*These are places I project I will develop a strong relationship with, but we have yet to see as I haven't been there yet.)

I believe I have the sophistication, culture and appreciation for the fine things in life of an European, the friendliness, independence and open-mindedness of an Australian, the inquisitive nature and idealistic passion of an American, and the love for social harmony and amiable presentation of an Asian.

It has come to my attention that Melbourne would probably be to my liking much more than Sydney, and as such I wouldn't mind visiting it once in a while. But at this stage I have an overwhelming urge to get out of Australia, and since there is so much more of the world to see, I'm not at all sure that I'll return.

I also have constant (fun) disagreements with myself over which places are best suited to one-off holiday experiences and which places capture my imagination enough for me to get more attached. Vienna is a good example - I felt very stimulated by it in a way I didn't expect, and didn't want to leave. Places I haven't been before, like Brighton, inspire me, and I've recently been sussing out a city that wouldn't seem immediately compatible with my needs, Dublin, but might prove very rewarding all the same.

I think, if I can visit Taipei, Reykjavik, Brighton and/or Dublin this year at least, I would be a very happy girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment