Saturday 29 January 2011

Reading without Retention

1:45am - I've been awake since shortly after sundown, when the warmth that had been built up on the concrete pavements started fading.

My dad has offered me the opportunity to live in Thailand, if I like. I can stay there with a tourist visa for up to 3 months, at which point I need to leave and re-enter with a new visa. The problem is I always gain weight in Thailand, and I think it would be a bad idea to gain even a kilo more, so unless I find a way to prevent this from happening, it would be risky for my health to spend large quantities of time there.

On the other hand, I have applied to a few universities in Sydney. My interest in studying Spanish would be well-served by a stint in a quality uni, and my ability to move to Spain or somewhere else in Europe would receive a boost. I suppose I should give it a try if I get in, and see how it goes, because I can always go back to Thailand anytime...

I also have this playful urge to take up Korean. I know nothing about this language, and the more I come across it, the more I'd like at least a basic understanding of how it functions. Happily, it's not a tonal language, which should do wonders for my learning prowess! ;o)


No comments:

Post a Comment