Thursday 11 March 2010

By now, dramatic farewells with Sydney have become somewhat cliched...

Nevertheless, this is an unprecendented moment: I have my parents' blessings to do whatever I like in Thailand for at least two months. I am likely to stay in The Land of Smiles for three, then hop over to Vietnam and Kuala Lumpur. In fact, I plan to spend most of this year in South-East Asia, and immerse myself in the culture(s). A hop over to China is also possible, though I am not that keen on it. 

I am still tired, although I slept a good long while. I apologise to Clive and Steve for not having responded to your comments yet - I've been running around doing things tedious and tiring in preparation for this day. I haven't really thought much about what I will do after I check in at my hotel and wake up in the morning tomorrow...

It's such a relief to be headed back to somewhere where I feel less pressure to be someone that I'm not... The Mardi Gras Festival was wonderful (I recommend the Korean movie Antique to anyone who can get their hands on it), but now it's time to go...

I'm never far enough from Sydney for long enough to miss it, so I'm rather eager to take off. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment